Our part-time IT director helped this property development, start-up implement the right tech solutions. This helped ensure the start-up met the rapid and ambitious growth plans.
Formed on the back of planning permission changes, this boutique property development start-up specialises in unlocking hidden housing development opportunities within London’s surplus spaces.
The company needed faster ways to test, track, and model the scalability of its ambitious growth plan. The mission was to automate and digitise as much of the operational process as possible by using innovative digital tech solutions to keep pace in a fast-moving marketplace, be profitable, and prove scalability.
- Work closely with the two CEOs to understand the current operational model.
- Provide digital solutions and methods to increase productivity, reduce overheads, and capitalise on growth opportunities through digital transformation.
What the Director Did
The IT Director identified a four step process that would help the property development company achieve their ambitious growth plans through a series of digital initiatives.
Automate the Site Identification Process
Firstly, the Director identified the need for rapid site identification. They therefor began mapping out and developing a custom-built automation system targeting potential development plots available for acquisition under options. The system utilised AI, satellite data, GiS, Google Maps, and the land registry to identify potential sites rapidly and at scale.
Automate the Customer Identification Process
Using the collected data, the Director formulated an automated process to acquire the land owner’s contact details from the national land registry. This crucial step allowed the property development company to quickly communicate with potential sales and expedite the outreach process.
Streamline the Tracking Process
The Director then began implementing an internal CRM to handle and track all customer communications and behavioural analytics. This could then be used to generate a lead score. This allows the property development company to ensure no leads were allowed to go cold. Also, uninterested leads could removed from the workflow.
Create a Targeted Outreach Process
Finally, the Director implemented a reporting system based on customer interactions allowing the sales team to target more highly qualified leads.
- Streamlining the site identification process meant the client could take a faster and more targeted approach to its lead generation strategy.
- The system improved productivity and output by targeting potential customers based on behavioural analytics and lead-scoring metrics.
- By building a solid AI foundation and having the ability to gather real-world data, the company is now highly responsive in a competitive market and can maximise growth opportunities going forward.