Our IT director helped this recruited by developing a digital transformation roadmap, that leveraged infrastructure as a service (IAAS) as one of the key components for development.
A group of recruitment companies, backed by a primary investor, aimed to leverage infrastructure as a service (IAAS) for recruiters to reduce overheads, enhance performance, and amplify profits through digital transformation expertise.
The group aspired to elevate their IT infrastructure, integrating fractional IT director services to bolster business models, thereby augmenting profits and delivering a more streamlined service. Their vision was a comprehensive recruitment technology transformation.
Recognising the immense potential of technology to supercharge business efficiency, they acknowledged a gap in their digital innovation in recruitment knowledge. This made it challenging to grasp the full breadth and depth of their digital needs.
The CIO was tasked with collaborating with the group’s CEOs to decipher the multifaceted business structures and systems, pinpointing any overlapping recruiter infrastructure setup needs.
Understanding the group’s growth aspirations and plans was paramount. The goal was to propose cloud solutions for recruiters and digital strategies that resonated with these ambitions, simultaneously boosting team productivity and trimming overheads.
What the Associate Did
The IT Director began with the discovery phase of the process. This phase encompassed a rigorous audit of prevailing practices, both at macro and micro levels, leading to a comprehensive process flow map. This exercise spotlighted numerous avenues to automate and refine processes, from sales to accounts.
The scrutiny culminated in a profound understanding of the project’s scope, spotlighting opportunities to harness existing technology and pinpointing any custom application needs.
The associate architected a full infrastructure as a service (IAAS) blueprint, encompassing:
- Firstly, cloud desktop selection
- Then, virtual server selection
- Finally, unified communications processes
During the discovery phase, the Director identified vulnerabilities in the group’s compliance protocols. Then, they addressed these vulnerabilities and seamlessly integrated the current needs for internal management CRMs into the design.
After evaluating available automation packages, they found that none met the design specifications. As a result, The Director created a bespoke digital solution to meet these requirements.
The associate then shared the formal scoping document with department heads, subsequently designing an interactive wireframe prototype for thorough testing and evaluation.
This wireframe vividly showcased the design specifics, inclusive of application details, contextual annotations, and functional notes. This meticulous approach curtailed scope creep, enabling developers to gauge build costs accurately, resulting in a swifter and more cohesive service delivery.
Technology & Architecture Project Management
Finally, the Director orchestrated and oversaw the transition to scalable IT infrastructure for agencies, including a comprehensive disaster recovery plan. Moreover, with a focus on IT leadership for recruitment, cybersecurity protocols were rolled out, encompassing:
- User access control plans
- Tools and strategies for ongoing infrastructure security protection
- Data security protection measures
- Cyber essentials accreditation for tendering capabilities
- Data loss prevention strategies
- Monitoring solutions to ensure employee adherence to company regulations and policies.
- Delivered an 18-month plan that aligned with individual business plans while taking advantage of group savings.
- Reduced overheads by deploying a unified communications process.
- Built a custom development scope and successfully ran the tender process.
- Creating an accurate process flow map and visualisation of the user interface resulted in a seamless execution of the digital transformation project, saving time and avoiding unexpected build costs.
- Provided a cost-effective IT infrastructure that was built fit for purpose and fit for future growth.