Our IT director came into this MSP provider to help them develop the hardware structure. They needed to ensure that they could continue to stay competitive and grow.
A boutique Managed Service Provider (MSP) and Managed Security Service Provider (MSSP) who use their mature toolsets to supply digital services and support businesses of all sectors and sizes. This includes other MSP’s under a Value Added Reseller (VAR) model.
The companies services include:
- Monthly support service contracts, including first, second, and third-line premium packages (in the UK and Europe based)
- vCIO Services
- vCISSO Services
- Hardware Sourcing
Proprietary multi-tenant billing and provisioning system managed within the company’s own data centre structure and supplying:
- IaaS – VMware, Vcenter
- Hosted Exchange – Run its own MX and multidomain exchange platform – as well as office 365
- SaaS – Microsoft Office
- DaaS – VMware view, Parallels RAS
- VoIP – Asterisk/3CX/ Simwood/Magrathea.
- File Sharing & Collaboration
- Backup as a Service
The challenge was to build in-house proprietary technology that integrates with some mature off-the-shelf solutions to create a complete end-to-end managed service.
The plan was to offer a competitive product suite for increased profits and digital security and improve the delivery of its support and managed services for both direct and VAR clients.
This model, when provided to the MSP, would allow the client to volumize and give those MSP access to higher level support and services that they were unable to access previously.
What the Director Did
Built an Enterprise-class Hardware Structure in a UK Data Centre Presence.
The IT Director began by developing the hardware structure supported scaling while maintaining performance demands. Specifically, the architecture needed to support a high volume of IOP requests for optimal virtual desktop performance while also being cost-effective.
The Director built a multi-tenant control panel to
- Provision networks
- Manage servers
- Allowed access to virtual desktop templates and custom builds
- Publish virtual desktops to groups
- Manage exchange accounts
- Purchase DDI ranges and numbers
- Manage VoIP phone system
- Set billing profiles and markups
- Customer invoicing
- Through a robust growth and engagement strategy, the company grew its VAR community and signed up 70 Resellers.
- Provided consultation and advice to MSP’s as an upsell on product suite systems and help to architect their end customer solutions to profit.
- Managed a 3000+ seat environment across multiple sectors and verticals while maintaining a 99.99% uptime performance.