Our IT Director helped this company deliver a digital transformation roadmap, devising a strategy based on their experience and comprehensive workshops with the organisation.
This organisation specialises in innovation, design, and manufacturing of lighting solutions for smart cities and recreational vehicles. Part of a larger electrical equipment manufacturing organisation serving customers around the world.
What Our Director Did
Working with stakeholders within the division and within the wider company, a series of workshops were facilitated to acquire the understanding of the as-is position and the challenges ahead. Using the information acquired and his industry experience, our IT Director made a series of recommendations for change and a digital transformation roadmap for the way forward covering:
- Strategic goals and objectives including measures of success
- Framework for the required key activities required to support the mission including:
- Draft plans and budgets
- Risks and issues
- Dependencies for success
- Key decisions to be made
- Approach and priorities
- New target organisation model
- Capability needs and gap analysis
- Shared service recommendations
- Knowledge acquisition strategy
- Light touch observations on organisation culture related to the mission
- Recommended next steps and priorities
Having presented the strategy to the exec board, this was unanimously supported, the project is now progressing at pace with the Director leading the programme in an interim capacity until suitable experience can be recruited into the organisation.